Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yummy Chicken

I'll admit it, I'm kind of a foodie, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate simple meals as well. On the way home from the bus stop every day, we pass an amazing looking chicken rotisserie place called La Granja, which I've been meaning to try for a while. Today after Bryce's tennis lesson, the kids were hungry, and La Granja was right there, so we stopped for lunch.

La Granja has what looks like a mesquite grill, with rows of juicy chickens beckoning you as you walk by. Beneath the chicken are onions and chili peppers, also roasting. The smell and sight is irresistible.


La Granja's rotisserie chicken

For abut $8, we got a whole chicken, tortillas, salad, salsa, condiments and three sodas. The kids, Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed making our free-form chicken tacos, and we finished every bit. It's a simple meal, but a kind I thoroughly enjoy. We'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment