Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Settling In

We're starting to get to the state-of-mind here of being really settled in. Blogging has been lighter than normal lately, simply because we're doing a little less exploring, and more revisiting the places and doing things we like to do. To shake things up a bit, I had scheduled a dentist teeth-cleaning for myself, and then a haircut. The dentist had to reschedule unfortunately, but Bryce, Laurel and myself all got haircuts. It was Laurel's second trip to Pako (a.k.a. "paco with a k"), and the first trip for myself. Having a haircut is a great time to have a conversation, so I got to talk to Pako while he cut my hair. It turns out Pako is an artist, and a musician (like many other people here). He showed me his work, of which he had a couple of examples in the salon. It was really impressive. He is adept at recreating works of the renaissance masters, and well as his own original pieces. He also plays the violin, and is working on getting his band together. He asked if I was an artist, and I told him I juggle fire (which technically makes me an artist). He offered to play the violin for me while I did a fire show on the street, but I've heard the local police frown on fire spinners, so I think I'm going to pass. The final part of our day was to try a new restaurant called Ole Ole. They specialize in grilled meats, and have a lot of bullfighting memorabilia. The food was nothing spectacular, but the decor was fun. Here's the best picture I have from inside: 






No comments:

Post a Comment