Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yoga, yoga, yoga

Being that there is a crunchy side to San Miguel, there are quite a few yoga classes around town. So far I've been to three different ones.

Yolanda teaches a good vinyasa flow class at the Arthur Murray dance studio, in both English and Spanish. It's challenging, but she doesn't kill you. I've done her class twice, and enjoyed both. There was a range of all ages, and some Spanish-only people. I was on the older side, but not the oldest. It's Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 9:30. 90 pesos (about $7). I'll be back.

Anabel teaches a good class at Bellas Artes. I went yesterday, and got a great workout, although I couldn't do some of the bent knee poses. I may have been the oldest person in the class, but not by very much. This class is also bilingual. It's Tuesday and Thursday at 9:15 AM. 85 pesos (about $6.50). I'll do this one again too.

Alejandro also teaches a class at Bellas Artes, but this isn't for me. I was the youngest person in the class, which looking around at the clientele should have given me a clue. While it was a good stretch, the poses weren't very challenging. The downward dog was more of an upright dog using the bar of the dance studio. Some of the attendees were in their seventies. This class is Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:30, and was only 40 pesos ($3). Can anyone say "senior discount"?

No comments:

Post a Comment