Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Scavenger Hunting

Let's face it - shopping is fun. Especially when everything is so inexpensive here. And when you're trying to find esoteric things, you have to ask around a little bit, which adds to the language challenge.

My hardest task was to find white gas for a few of the fire spins I did here. Today, Sue was able to accomplish purchasing the following:

  • White tights for the school play.
  • Gold paper to construct a star for the play.
  • Shoe repair to fix Bryce's new shoes.
  • Chocolate truffles for gifts.
  • Cheese and bread for a cocktail party.
Especially fun was going to the chocolate shop. Johfrej is a high end truffle store, where we got gift boxes for our various teachers. Oh - I had to get a few for us, too. Yum.


Johfrej chocolate shop

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm not sure if anyone keeps up with this blog. This is so cool! This is my family's chocolate shop. I have lived in the U.S. for about 10 years since I was 11, and I haven't seen this store, only the one in Tezoyuca. I was their 'official taste tester' when I was little, and the chocolates bring back so many good memories of when I was a kid. It's very neat to see this on a blog from an outside perspective - someone just talking about a chocolate shop in San Miguel. I have been all over and tried all kinds of chocolates (even the famous European chocolates) and to this day, I have never found better chocolates than theirs.

    ReplyDelete