Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Me Day

The kids went off to school, and Sue took a trip to the nearby city of Celaya with Liz and Debra, so I was on my own today. Having finished a work project, I felt like I deserved a little reward. So, after doing some work in the morning, the rest of my day went like this:

1. Walked into town, and had lunch at a taco stand I have been meaning to try. Had three tacos: mushroom, pollo mole and a kind of pork. All were delicious. Drank a bag of fresh squeezed OJ for dessert.

2. Took a taxi out to La Gruta hot springs to soak. When I arrived, a massage therapist had set up, so after half an hour of bathing I got a one hour massage, and then returned to the baths a second time. Ahhhhhh.....

3. Picked up the kids from school, and after walking Bryce to his math tutor, practiced poi in Parque Juarez for an hour or so.

4. Picked up Bryce and we got platano licuados (basically a banana milkshake without the ice cream) at the mercado. Bryce loves these, and I think they are tasty too. It's a nice bonding time for us.

4. Went out to dinner with Sue at a new place (for us) called The Restaurant. This place is the closest thing to California cuisine we've tried in San Miguel. We ordered two appetizers - which were good - and I got a salmon trout with a cauliflower, almond, brown butter and curry sauce for my entree, which was awesome. The ambiance inside was really nice too.

Hot springs, exercise, bonding with my son, good food, date night and a massage - my kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment