Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Canyon Hike

Clay-from-Colorado called me up and asked if I wanted to join him and Midnight - their black lab mix - on a hike today. Being from Colorado springs, their family are avid hikers, and they have been exploring some of the areas around town. We parked behind El Secreto, one of the new developments, and did a great walk up a cool cactus canyon, then over the lip and back down the ridge. About two hours in all. Most of the time we were concept-walking - just heading in the general direction we wanted to go without a map. But we found our car and all was well. There was a cool, old dam-like thing we walked past, and a few other old structures. It was great to be enjoying the outdoors.

One bummer though - I forgot my camera.

Next we went to the Tuesday market for one last time, and got a melon Agua Fresca from my favorite stand, and then tried a new taco stand called Canastaquiz, where we got 5 tacos for $1.20. The tacos had meat and beans inside, and the shell was made from a yummy tamale-like tortilla. Lots of other people were there, so it passed my food safety test.

Clay has a bad back, and it's hard for him to sit for long periods of time, so I got to drive his car for a bit. It's only the second time in four months here I have driven a car. I don't really miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment